Boston Logan Airport is the international airport which is also known as Logan International Airport, Logan Airport or simply Logan airport. This airport’s full name is General Edward Lawrence Logan International Airport and it is located in East Boston and Winthrop, Massachusetts, USA.This airport owner is Massachusetts Port Authority (Massport) and it serves in Greater Boston and New England. Boston Logan airport has four terminals and 6 runways which employ 16000 employees and spread out in 2,384 acres (965 ha). In 2017, This airport is the 16th-busiest airport in the United States which carries 38.4 million total passengers and has been the largest airport as per passenger volume and cargo handling in both commonwealth games region which is Massachusetts and New England. Boston Logan airport provides services and amenities to various destinations such as canay, north Atlantic region, Europe, Mexico, carribean, Africa, Asia and United States. This airport is the focus city for JetBlue airlines and hub for cape air and Delta airlines. American airlines and United airlines also do some operations from this airport such as daily transcontinental flights.
Boston Logan Airport Amenities
Boston Logan airport offers lots of luxurious and outstanding amenities which you can enjoy during the traveling.
- At the airport, there are lots of restaurants available to eat your favorite food and cuisines while traveling. These restaurants will be found at terminal B which includes Cisco Brew pub, Fox sports Sky Box, Grill, bonfire.
- There is also Boston Beer Works available at the both terminal C and E and Dine Boston restaurant & Bar will be found at terminal E.
- Game On! as well as Harpoon Tap Room and Phillips Seafood Express are available at the terminal A and the other branded outlets like Burger King, Starbucks and Dunkin’ Donuts will be found at the airport complex.
- People who love shopping must look out the various shops which includes Basics Health & Beauty, Borders, Virgin Books and Zoom Systems which is available at the Boston Logan International Airport.
- Passengers can also use number of banking services which is offered at the Boston Logan airport which includes Travelex Foreign Exchange Booth which is available at terminals A, B and E. And Cardtronics ATM, Bank of America ATM and citizens Bank ATM are also available at all the terminals of the airport.
- There is also internet kiosks facilities available for those who like to get online before boarding the flight. These kiosks are situated at all the terminals of the airport.
- Passengers can also use other services such as Classic Shoe Shine Valet and Duty Free Americas.
Whether you want extended stay, short term, premium guaranteed or economy rate parking, Boston Logan provides all the comfortable parking ways to their passengers. Boston Logan airport offers central parking garage which is so much convenient at all terminals. There is also parking available at the terminal B and terminal E and economy parling. With Economy parking, you will get a shuttle bus service to all the terminals. Rates will be depends on the type of parking you have chosen. There is two types of parking available which is
- Terminal Parking
- Economy Parking
Passengers can enjoy wireless internet connection which is accessible over the Boston Logan airport to stay connected while traveling. You can use the WiFi in your personal devices like laptops and mobile phones. For connecting to WiFi you must know the network ID (SSID) which is “BOSWifi” and must accept the terms of services to connect.
Boston Logan provides charging options to all the terminals. If you did not find the charging points at terminals then you can find out the charging stations to charge your devices which is available into many of the seating areas of Boston Logan airport.
Safety and Security
Passengers safety and security is first priority of Boston Logan airport. As we all know Boston Logan airport is open for 24 hours, that’s why passengers must stay on the public, pre security areas after the security checkpoints close. Passengers have to stay in that areas until TSA opens the security checkpoints for Terminals A, B, C, E.
Carry on items will be look out at the security checkpoints and only one bag per passenger is allowed except baby food and items required for medical purposes. Passengers can carry liquid with 3-1-1 format in carry on baggage. Liquids must be kept in a bottle which should be 3.4 ounces or less and placed in a plastic, clear, one quart, zip top bag.
Passengers can get assistance if you need any help at Boston Logan airport. You can toll free number of Boston Logan airport where public service Representatives are available to assist you daily from 7 am to 11:30 pm. You can reach to the representative by pressing 0 during the call.
Dining & Shopping
Boston Logan offers everything you need to enjoy airport experience whether it is grabbing a meal before a flight, doing shopping with your favorite brands or have a dinner with your friends. This airport has award winning restaurants, various local flava and quick service which makes it a perfect place to have a meal before or after the flight.
Boston Logan Airport Terminals
Boston Logan airport has 4 terminals which is terminal A, terminal B, terminal C and terminal E and total 102 gate positions.
Boston Logan Airport Transportation
There are lots of transportation options available for the passengers around the Boston Logan airport. Passengers can use the express bus service which starts from 4 locations such as Braintree, Framingham, Peabody and Woburn from all the terminals. This airport also offers complimentary shuttle bus service which is available every day. Passengers can also book a car or rent a car from various car companies which centers are available at the airport including Avis, Dollar, Hertz, and National. Passengers can also use limousine services if they want luxurious and comfort travel. They have to reserve this service in advance by calling local limousine carrier.