Cairo International Airport is the international airport of Cairo which is situated in Heliopolis. This airport serves in Cairo, Egypt, and is the busiest airport in Egypt. It is the main hub for EgyptAir and Nile Air and various other airlines. There are 60 million passengers in its catchment area and terminal 3 was inaugurated on 18 December 2008. This terminal is spread over 180,000 sq m of floor area. This airport is available for 24 hours operations and more than 65 airlines use this airport. This airport continues growing as per passenger and air traffic and constantly upgraded its services to sustain the needs.
Cairo International Airport Amenities
Cairo International Airport provides various amenities and services to their passengers to make their trips more comfortable.
- There are lots of restaurants and cafes available at the airport to remove the starving and fill your tummies up which includes Stereo Restaurant and many more.
- There is a home to a wide range of places to eat which is Air Mall and includes Segafredo, oriental restaurant Kenoz, Cielo and Tres Bon which is situated in the Air Mall area.
- Cafe Ritazza offers gourmet sandwiches and desserts items which includes cakes and cookies located in International Arrival Hall 3 of terminal 1. You can also have a sip of Coffee and fresh juices here.
- Passengers can also do shopping from the Swatch store which is situated in Terminal 1 and Bijoux Terner outlet which is situated in Terminal 2. There are also Duty Free Shops available at all the arrivals and departure areas.
- There are also MCM, Shiseido and Marco Polo brands available in Terminal 3.
- Passengers can also use banking facilities as various banks are available in T1 and T2 terminals which includes National Bank of Egypt, Banque du Caire, Thomas Cook Bank and the Bank of Alexandria and these banks ATMs are also available for travelers at Cairo International Airport.
- Passengers can relax before boarding their flights inside the lounges at the airport. There are VIP Lounges and the English Lounge available to provide a comfortable environment and also Italian Lounge provides various european cuisines for the passengers.
- This airport provides various amenities and facilities which range from money to communications such as passengers can access bureaux de change, post office, ATMs, and banks which are in service 24 hours every day.
- Passengers can also eat and drink various things which are available in restaurants and Leisure bars located within the airport. You can enjoy fast foods in various restaurants at the airport and drinks in the leisure bars located in Departure Halls and are available 24-hours every day.
- Passengers can do shopping where various gift shops, Bookshops, clothes shops and newsagents are available in the terminals, Departure Halls and newly refurbished transit halls. You can also use the lost and found facilities where you can claim your lost baggage. Also, you can avail the pharmacy options which is located in all terminal departures.
- Passengers can also use the business and conference facility in terminal 1 where you can find fax and computers. There is also a meeting room available for business purposes at the cargo airport.
- Passengers who are unable to move can request for wheelchairs and they will get access of disabled toilets. There is no parking space reserved for disabled passengers.
- Passengers can also hire cars from the car hire companies center at the cargo airport which includes Thrifty, Budget and Avis.
Cairo International Airport Terminals
Cairo International Airport has 3 terminals which are Terminal 1, Terminal 2, and Terminal 3. These terminals provide facilities such as Departure Hall 1, International Hall 3, and Hall 4 which are available for private and non-commercial aircraft services.
Cairo International Airport Transportation
Cairo International Airport provides various types of transportation which include Limousines and shuttle buses, Public transport, taxis, Car. You can use these methods to reach your destinations.
Limousines and shuttle buses
Passengers can use Limousines services whose pick-up points are in front of the terminals and is the most comfortable and convenient way to reach your destination. The price of limousines services will depend on the car of your choice and your destination.
Passengers can use public busses which start from the outside of terminal 1 and end at hubs like Abbasia and Tahrir Square but this transportation method is not suitable for people carrying large baggage. They can use Cairo Metro of line 3.
As we all know taxis do not have a meter and can be negotiable while traveling which is the most cheaper method to reach the destination.
Passengers can use the car to reach the destination by road via Oroba Road from Heliopolis or via the new road which intersects between Ring Road and Suez Road.
Cairo Airport / Duty free
Retail areas of Cairo airport are regularly updated to provide you more concepts that meet your expectations. In terminal 1 there is a new outlet was opened which is the Swatch outlet and Bijoux Terner which is world-famous is opened in terminal 2. In terminal 1, Cairo Airport Duty-Free operating will be expanding into new areas on the first floor which offers new concepts. There are various Duty-Free Shops opened in all international arrival and departure areas. Arrival Duty-Free next to Terminal 2 will be accessible 48 hours after the arrival.
- New York Newark (EWR) Airport Guide
- American Airlines flight change policy
- Minneapolis-St Paul (MSP) Airport Guide
- Houston George Bush (IAH) Airport Guide
- Detroit Metro (DTW) Airport Guide
- Denver International (DEN) Airport Guide
- Dallas-Fort Worth (DFW) Airport Guide
- Chicago O’Hare (ORD) Airport Guide
- Charlotte Douglas International (CLT) Airport Guide
- Boston Logan (BOS) Airport Guide
- Frankfurt (FRA) Airport Guide
- Berlin Tegel (TXL) Airport Guide