Michigan, a beautiful and appealing state in the United States that will never run out of trend for tourism. Its diverse environment and astonishing landscape will make you fall in love. Whether you are an adventure geek or you are a nature lover or even if you just want a peaceful summer vacation, this is the right place for you.
Adventurous sea sports in summer and some thrilling winter sports activities, Michigan is among the best places to have fun with your loved ones. Check the following list of “Places You Must Visit In Michigan During Summer” to know more about Michigan places.
List Of Places You Must Visit In Michigan During Summer
Mackinac Island, Michigan
- This place is one of the best places to visit in Michigan. Mackinac island is basically located on Lake Huron. Mackinac is famous for fudge. You can only reach here by plane or ship. But the most exciting activity to do here is hiking and biking around the island which is so mesmerizing.
- Think once about an island where you can have your wedding reception, carried by horses and carriages to one of the most beautiful destination weddings. That’s why this place is the Wedding Capital of Michigan.
- You can also visit the historical Fort Mackinac, here if you are a history lover and also you can have some fun with cool sea sports activities like kayaking. Also, you can enjoy the scenery from the hilltop.
- In all, Mackinac Island is one of a kind and it is worth spending some quality time with your family and friends.
- This is also one of the most beautiful vacation spots in the United States. It is advised that you should visit this destination in winters because of its heavy snowfall. But it is not entirely true. Summer vacation in the Upper Peninsula (also known as Upper Michigan) is also jaw-dropping.
- You can have the best time here on the beautiful waters and lakes enjoying the most irresistible waterfalls and sceneries. In the lakes of Upper Michigan, you can have the most amazing time doing activities like Riptide Ride, Kayaking, and much much more than you can ever think of.
- Being an art lover, you can visit some remarkable museums like the Shipwreck Museum and explore the history of Michigan.
- Culture defines the beauty of the place. With such a vibrant culture in Traverse city and its peaceful environment, it is so magnificent. You can’t deny the fact that Traverse city is among the most beautiful and peaceful places in Michigan.
- Traverse City is world-famous for its cherries, especially sour cherries also known as Tart cherries. Not only cherries but this city has a diverse food culture and plantations.
- Every nature lover must visit Harbor View Nursery and Lavender Farm where you can explore the beautiful range of lavenders.
- You can enjoy the view of Lake Michigan and have a fantastic supper with delicious famous wine. Everything you desire for the best vacation destination can be found here for every nature lover.
- The best thing about this place is the peace and calmness that anyone craves for.
- One of the most unexplored places in Michigan is the porcupine mountains. If you thirst for hiking and exploring wildlife, don’t go anywhere else. This is among the best places for wildlife explorers in the whole United States.
- The most breathtaking ‘Lake of the clouds’ is located here. This lake is located between two narrow mountain ranges. One of a kind, the extraordinary and eye-catching lake is everything you hope for.
- Camping, beautiful sceneries, and amazing sunset views on beaches complete the wishful scenarios into reality. You don’t want to skip this adventurous journey if you are in Michigan.
- Charlevoix, a small beautiful city in Michigan. This vacation spot is added to the list because of some exceptional natural beauty of mother earth and its history and architecture.
- You must have heard about Northern Lights. Yes, the wondrous lights appearing in the sky. You can’t just hope for these lights anywhere anytime. So this is among one of the places where you can sight these extraordinary lights.
- Charlevoix is famous for the dark sky and so stargazing is quite an incredible way to have peace and feel relaxed.
- Some marvelous places to explore the history and view extraordinary architecture are Castle Farms and Mushroom House Tour that will make you speechless and dumbstruck.
- Lake Charlevoix is another beauty that you can derive pleasure through. You can also enjoy water sports in Lake Charlevoix and boost your adrenaline.
Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore
- Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore can be another topmost place You Must Visit In Michigan During Summer. It offers numerous activities like hiking through hardwood forests, fishing, climbing, biking, beachside walking, and camping.
- This place is enclosed with green tall trees, crystal clear water, and more than 21 lakes. Love fishing, then this place is quite cool for you, take a boat and go fishing. One day is not enough to explore this beautiful place, spend two days or more days. Also, you can explore the islands by biking, as the island gives you 22 miles of trails.
- The Sleeping Bear Dunes is west-facing, so watching the sunset is also another option that adds little more happiness to your trip.
Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore
- The Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore is open for the whole year. So, this destination is perfect for all activities like ice climbing, skiing, and snowshoeing, snow motorbiking, fishing, hiking, vehicle-based camping, canoeing, kayaking, sightseeing, birding, etc.
- This place has beautiful rock formations, these formations really rob your heart. Also, you can see miners castle, which is an easily recognizable formation than other formations.
- Do not forget to visit the Chapel Rock and Chapel fall, you will find it in the East of Miner’s Castle
- Torch Lake, Antrim County Michigan, is famous for its too crystal clear turquoise green-blue water and sandbars.
- The Lake is best for parties, boating, relaxing tubing, swimming, jet-skiing, etc because it is a long and narrow lake with no bridges.
- There are also couples of resorts, homes, and restaurants, visit there and enjoy the relaxing and rocking vibe of Torch Lake.
Grand Haven State Park Beach
- Grand Haven State Park Beach, the Michigan state park famous for its pretty beaches with beautiful classic views and the Grand Haven pier and lighthouse.
- You can perform various activities there such as swimming, volleyball, sunbathing, fishing, and camping, boat sailing.
- Go for the walk on the Boardwalk nearby beach, but go out in the evening. Feel the air, peace, hear the mesmerizing sound of water while walking, and also enjoy some awesome dishes from nearby restaurants.
- In the evening, must-visit Grand Haven Musical Fountain, where water dancing on the beats of music in the colorful blinking lights.
Whitefish Dunes Beach
- Whitefish Beach is one of the most popular Places To Visit In Michigan During Summer, cause it contains many beautiful sights and offers numerous activities.
- The weather in Whitefish Dune Beach is so calming which is perfect for hiking. While doing hiking, you might see different birds and flora-fauna in the Dune Forest. What other thing you can do is, picnic! Picnics are always fun for everyone.
- On the beach, you can do sunbathing at the shore and perform water-based activities like boating or swimming, or fishing, or canoeing, or kayaking.
- Visit the village sites and the Nature Center. This is surely going to be fun, you will get to know the park’s amazing environment and the old settlers in the Whitefish Dunes Beach.
Planning a vacation destination is quite confusing sometimes. You should plan your journey to have a soothing travel experience. Michigan is extraordinarily beautiful and this place has its own charm that can never fade away from your memory. There are many Places To Visit In Michigan During Summer with your friends and family.