Hong Kong International Airport is also known as Chek Lap Kok International Airport or Chek Lap Kok Airport. This airport is the main airport in Hong Kong which is reclaimed land on the Chek Lap Kok’s island that differentiates it from its predecessor which is the former Kai Tak Airport. Hong Kong International Airport has been in commercial operation since 21 years ago on 6 July 1998 and also the passenger hub, gateway, and important regional trans-shipment centre for destinations in China & all over Asia. This airport is situated at Chek Lap Kok, Lantau Island, New Territories, Hong Kong and its owner is Airport Authority Hong Kong (HKSAR Government). It is operated by Airport Authority Hong Kong and serves in Hong Kong and Pearl River Delta. This airport is the hub for Cathay Pacific, Cathay Dragon, Hong Kong Airlines, Hong Kong Express, and the cargo airlines such as Cathay Pacific Cargo, Air Hong Kong, Hong Kong Airlines Cargo, UPS Airlines. Hong Kong International Airport is the focus city for various airlines such as China Airlines and China Eastern Airlines, Singapore Airlines, Ethiopian Airlines, and Air India.
Hong Kong International Airport Amenities
Passengers who are traveling from Hong Kong International Airport can enjoy a wide range of luxurious amenities and services to make your trip more comfortable.
- If you are looking for last minute shopping then you can head to HKIA which is a host of places to do some shopping. There are also lots of outlets available and most of them are fashion related. You can find various designer stores in Terminal 1 such as Burberry, Giorgio Armani, Gucci, Prada and Versace and Lacoste, Calvin Klein Jeans and Adidas available at Terminal 2.
- Passeensges can enjoy a wide selection of eateries to have your choice of food at the airport. There are various selected Asian restaurants which include Cafe Deco which has a private room.
- Passengers who love Chinese foods can head to Ah Yee Leng Tong which offers cantonese dishes and dim sum.
- Travellers can also enjoy various other services such as interactive kiosks, full motion plane cabin cockpit, simulator and a 4D extreme screen at the airport.
Passengers who are traveling from Hong Kong International Airport can find various shopping outlets to shop up at the last minute which includes 1010, 24-by-yeasun, 7-ELEVEN, AIA International Limited, AJI ICHIBAN, Alexander McQueen, Alexandre Zouari, APM MONACO, Balenciaga, Bally, Bank of China (Hong Kong), Beauty&You by The Shilla Duty-Free (Beauty & Personal Care), Bee Cheng Hiang, Bose, Bottega Veneta, Breitling, Breo, BURBERRY, BVLGARI, CALVIN KLEIN Watches+Jewelry, Cartier, CASETiFY, STUDiO, Caviar House & Prunier, CHANEL, Chaumet, China Mobile, Chloé, Chow Tai Fook, Chung Hwa Book+, CitiBank (ATM), Cookies Quartet, Design Gallery, Dior, Discover Hong Kong, Duty Zero (Liquor), Duty Zero (Packaged Food), E-Lifestyle, Ermenegildo Zegna, Eu Yan Sang, Fook Ming Tong Tea Shop, FORTRESS, FURLA, G2000, Global Exchange, Go Travel, G.O.D., GUCCI, HERMÈS, Irvins Salted Egg, IWC Schaffhausen, Jaeger-LeCoultre, Jimmy Choo and many more.
Are you starving before and after the flight? Passengers can have the foods of their choice at the Hong Kong International Airport from the lots of restaurants and bars and these brands include Baikohken, Bari-Uma (霸嗎拉麵) & SinsaEat Korean Kitchen, Beef & Liberty, BLESS, Burger King, can. teen, Caviar House & Prunier, Chee Kei, Crystal Jade La Mian Xiao Long Bao, Dean & Deluca, Délifrance®, Duddell’s, Gordon Ramsay Plane Food To Go, Hana-musubi, Ho Hung Kee, HUNG FOOK TONG, Hungry Korean, Jardin de Jade, Kam Kee Cafe, KaravanStop, King Bakery, Lady M New York, Lime Garden (Sky)+, Maxim’s Jade Garden and many more.
Passengers who want to relax and refresh themselves can find Airline lounges which provide various facilities including food, beverages, hot showers, do the rest and also you can do your own business meetings and work.
Airport Courier Service
At the Hong Kong International Airport, passengers can also find airport courier service which is operated by SF Express limited by paying some charges. If you carried non-dangerous goods which are not allowed at the airport and from that security checkpoints then you can send your items back to your address. Due to this courier service items will be delivered to the passenger’s designated address.
Airport Lost and Found
If any passengers left something at the Hong Kong International Airport then they can contact The lost and found the section or visit The lost and found counter at the airport. The lost and found section of the airport provides services like lost property registrations retrieval services storage inquiry for The Lost items in the terminals. If you lost your item on board then you should contact the airline.
At the Hong Kong International Airport, there are almost 4500 charging points available throughout the terminals to charge your personal electronic devices.
Wi-Fi & Internet Access
You can enjoy free wireless internet connection at most of these public areas and sitting areas in the airport terminals. Passengers do not have to register themselves to access the Wi-Fi facility.
Health and Medical Services
Passengers can also have medical services at the Hong Kong International Airport which is operated by Raffles medical group that provides comprehensive health care services to their passengers. These healthcare services provided by airport medical center include:
- General practice consultations
- X-ray and laboratory services
- First aid and emergency services
- Stretcher services
- Chinese medicine
- Aviation and travel medicine
- Services at Medical Post
- Wound management and dressing
- Basic medical assessment
- Parameters measurement
Money Exchange & Banking Services
Passengers confine various banks, money exchangers, and automatic teller machines to enjoy instant financial services. Save your time to exchange the currencies at the airport according to your destinations.
Hong Kong International Airport Terminals
Hong Kong International Airport has two terminals which are Terminal 1 and Terminal 2.
Hong Kong International Airport Transportations
Passengers who are arriving at the Hong Kong International Airport can find various transportation ways to reach their destinations. You can use SkyPier cross-boundary ferry service and also dial a ride to book your ride in advance.
- New York Newark (EWR) Airport Guide
- American Airlines flight change policy
- Minneapolis-St Paul (MSP) Airport Guide
- Houston George Bush (IAH) Airport Guide
- Detroit Metro (DTW) Airport Guide
- Denver International (DEN) Airport Guide
- Dallas-Fort Worth (DFW) Airport Guide
- Chicago O’Hare (ORD) Airport Guide
- Charlotte Douglas International (CLT) Airport Guide
- Boston Logan (BOS) Airport Guide
- Frankfurt (FRA) Airport Guide
- Berlin Tegel (TXL) Airport Guide