Detroit Metro Airport is generally known as Detroit Metropolitan Airport, Metro Airport, or just DTW which is situated in Romulus, Michigan, USA. This airport is the busiest in Michigan and spreads to 4,850 acres. It is a major international airport and one of the largest hubs in the USA. The Wayne County Airport Authority operates Detroit Metro Airport that serves Detroit, Michigan, United States, Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States, and Windsor, Ontario, Canada. This airport owner is Wayne County, Michigan and it is the main hub for Delta Air Lines. Metro Airport is the focus city for Spirit Airlines.
Detroit Metro Airport Amenities
The Detroit Metro Airport provides various amenities to their passengers to make their trip more comfortable. Passengers who are waiting at the airport can make themselves occupied by shopping and having dinner of their choice from the 120 shops and restaurants available at the airport.
- Passengers can shop from the branded shopping outlets which includes Gadgets to Go, the Harley Davidson Store, Ora Oxygen and She-Chic. You can even purchase your favourite gift items from the gift stores which have a wide range of gift items stock.
- At the airport, there are lots of duty free outlets or shops available for the passengers and various newsagents and book stores available to not feel bored.
- Passengers can find an excellent range of restaurants and bars to eat of your choice and get everything from fast food outlets to sit down eateries at the airport which includes TGI Friday’s, Pasta Bravo, the Jose Cuervo Tequileria and Sora, which serves sushi and Asian cuisine.
- Passengers can also enjoy several cafes at the airport which includes Starbucks and the Coffee Beanery.
- Travellers can also enjoy various other services such as currency exchange, ATMs, shoes shine outlets at the terminal area. There is also free Wi-Fi available for the passengers over the airport.
Lost & Found
Sometimes it happens that passengers my lost baggage and locating the lost item can be tricky. If you don’t know where your item has been misplaced then you can claim your baggage in the lost and found section. And, If your bag is lost at security check then you can contact TSA Lost & Found. If your item was lost at the gate or aircraft then your airline is responsible to locate your baggage. And, if your bag is left at the terminal area then you can file a complaint in the lost and found section at the airport.
Passengers can relax and eat of their choice in their favorite sit-down restaurants which are available at the airport. There are lots of brands available of the restaurants and bars which includes Andiamo, Bigalora Cucina, Cat Cora’s Taproom, Chick-fil-A, Chili’s/Papa Joe’s Market, Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf, Corridor Kitchen, Crave Robata Grill + Bar, Detroit Street Lunchbox, Embers- A Fire & Ice Lounge, Gordon Biersch, Grobbel’s Gourmet Deli, Harvest & Grounds, Illy Coffee & Fountain Bar, Leo’s Coney Island, Longhorn Steakhouse, Max & Erma’s, McDonald’s, Mezza Mediterranean Grill, P.F. Chang’s, Palazzolo’s Artisan Gelato & Sorbetto, Papa Joe’s Dining Room, Pinkberry, Plum Market w/ Zingermans, Popeye’s, Potbelly, Qdoba, Reflections, Robert Mondavi Experience, Sora Japanese Sushi Bar, Starbucks, Subway, The Shed Bar, Wendy’s.
Detroit Metro Airport provides various retail options which start from newsstands and book stores to outfits and cosmetic centers. Shop everything which makes you comfortable while traveling and also get last-minute gifts for your loved ones. Passengers can purchase your favorite things from the shops includes Be Relax, Brighton Collectibles, Brooks Brothers, Brookstone, CNBC News Smartshop, CNBC Newsstand, Corsa Collections / TUMI, Creative Kidstuff, Desigual, Detroit!, Dylan’s Candy Bar, EA Sports, Estee Lauder Beauty Boutique, Forbes Newsstand, Green- A Natural Living Store, Johnston & Murphy, L’Occitane, Michigan Sports, New York Times Newsstand, New York Times/Tim Horton’s, Pandora, PGA Tour Shop, Porsche Design/ Hugo Boss, Running Fit, So Chocolate, Sound Balance, Spanx, Sunglass Icon, Swarovski Crystal, The Body Shop, The Economist, Time Newsstand, Time Newsstand/Starbucks, Vino Volo, Wall Street Journal, World Duty-Free, Z Market & Mills Pharmacy, ZOZO.
Passengers can connect to the free and fast internet which does not need any login. This WiFi facility is available at both terminals.
You can connect to it by following the easy steps.
- Make sure your device has a WiFi enabled option.
- Choose Detroit Airport Wi-Fi network.
- Connect to the wifi.
ATM & Currency Exchange
Passengers can use the ATM facility provided by various banks and credit unions which are located at the airport. You can also change your currencies at the Travelex locations available in both McNamara Terminal and North Terminal.
Detroit Metro Airport Terminals
Detroit Metro Airport has two terminals which are Edward H. McNamara Terminal and North Terminal.
Detroit Metro Airport Parking
Detroit Metro Airport awards very convenient parking options that can simply access by handicap or physically challenged people. They offer 24*7 hours service of Short-Term parking and Long-Term parking available at both terminals.
You can utilize any type of parking from McNamara Parking Garage, Green Lot 1 & 2, and the Big Blue Deck.
Please note that Airport authorities have restrictions on vehicle height. The parking structures are made in a way that vehicles below 7’0” height can enter into the parking slots. But, vans or transporting vehicles should not be exceeding 8’2” in height, so they offer special parking spaces that are available at the Green Lots.
Cost for Short-Term parking–
Detroit airport charges a very reasonable price for short-term parking. So costs are from $4 for an hour in the Parking Garages to $11 per day in the Green Parking Lots.
Cost for Long-Term parking–
Detroit airport has long-term off-site parking facilities that charge as low as $10. McNamara Parking Garage, Green Lot 1, and Green Lot 2, and the Big Blue Deck have different set prices for long-term parking. Where McNamara Parking Garage charge 26$ per day, Green Lot 1 and Green Lot 2 charge 14$ per day, and Big Blue Deck charge 16$ per day.
Note: parking prices are subjected to change by the airport at any time. please update yourself from time to time.
Detroit Metro Airport Transportations
Passengers can use various transportations facilities available at the Detroit Metro Airport. A smart bus stop is settled near the airport through which passengers can reach their destinations. You can also get the train from the nearest train station which is 19 km away. Passengers can also hire a car from the car hire companies available at the airport which includes Budget, Hertz, Avis, and National. You can also take taxis which are available outside the airport.
- New York Newark (EWR) Airport Guide
- American Airlines flight change policy
- Minneapolis-St Paul (MSP) Airport Guide
- Houston George Bush (IAH) Airport Guide
- Denver International (DEN) Airport Guide
- Chicago O’Hare (ORD) Airport Guide
- Charlotte Douglas International (CLT) Airport Guide
- Boston Logan (BOS) Airport Guide
- Frankfurt (FRA) Airport Guide
- Berlin Tegel (TXL) Airport Guide
- Cairo International (CAI) Airport Guide