Denver International Airport is also known as DIA which serves in Denver, Front Range Urban Corridor. This airport is an international airport in the western USA and located in Northeast Denver, Colorado, U.S. It is operated by the City & County of Denver Department of Aviation and is considered the second largest worldwide airport. As per the land area, Denver International Airport is the largest airport in North America and is spread into 33,531 acres. This airport has a runway length of 16,000 feet which is the 7th longest runway in the world and the 1st longest runway used by the public in North America. This airport provides the largest employers in Colorado as it employs 35,000 people. Provides various services to 215 destinations and it opened 25 years ago on February 28, 1995. Denver International Airport is the hub for frontier airlines and United airlines and the owner of this airport is the City & County of Denver Department of Aviation. This airport is the focus city for Southwest airlines.
Denver International Airport Amenities
Denver International Airport provides various amenities and services to their passengers to make their trip so much comfortable and reliable. Passengers can get an extensive range of amenities which includes shopping, dining, Wi-Fi, parking space, lounges, currency exchange, etc.
- There are lots of shops available for the passengers to purchase last minute gifts and do the shopping of your favourite things like outfits, makeup etc. Passengers can lookout the branded shops including Colorado Collection, Peak Concepts Gifts and Greetings from Colorado.
- Passengers can relax and refresh themselves using the airline’s lounges facility and the airport is the home for large duty free shops.
- Passengers can find various places to remove their starving and eat their favourite cuisine from sit down restaurants. You can also have some drinks from the coffee shops. These restaurants and coffee shops include Taco Bell and the Timberline Steakhouse etc.
- Travellers can also find various other services at the airport such as money exchange centre, post office, internet kiosks, interfaith chapel. You can also get the support from the travelers assistance desks which are available throughout the airport.
- At the airport, passengers can find 4 smoking lounges which are situated over the terminal building and pet exercise area,
At the Denver International Airport, passengers can enjoy the food of their choice from the various shops and restaurants which remain open for takeaway options. You can have your favorite meals and drinks from the restaurants and bars and you can also have fast food from the airport outlets at the terminal building. The restaurants and bars include Breckenridge Brewery, Cantina Grill, Caribou Coffee, Chick-fil-A, Einstein Bros. Bagels, Etai’s, Heidi’s Brooklyn Deli, KFC Express/Pizza Hut Express, La Casita, Lavazza, McDonald’s, Panda Express, Pour La France, Roasting Plant.
Passengers can relax and refresh themselves at the airport lounges which includes all the amenities and services you must need to remove your stress. You can do your own work and business meeting without any disturbance. The relaxing zone includes The Lottery Experience Zone, United Club – East.
Passengers can shop their favorite items from the Denver International Airport shopping outlets which are located at the terminal building. You can also shop last-minute gift items for your loved ones. These branded shopping outlets include Colorado Lotto, Connections, Express Market, Flight Stop, Greetings from Colorado, Hudson.
Personal Device Charging Stations
Do you want to charge your devices at the airport? Denver International Airport provides you the option to charge your personal devices. Passengers can easily access the power outlets which are situated at the Japanese terminal and all concourses. At this airport, you can also find dedicated battery charging stations that have seating options and work surface space.
International Airport provides various ATM or cash machines that are offered by the public service credit union. These ATMs are available at Jeppesen Terminal, and A, B, and C Gates. There is also public service credit Union Bank available in Jeppesen Terminal, Level 6. Passengers can also exchange the current currencies into their destinations currencies. Denver International Airport provides 3 worldwide money exchanges which are located at A and B Gates and Jeppesen terminal.
Denver International Airport provides a personal space to nurse children. This airport has 3 nursing rooms which are situated at each concourse. These nursing rooms have a comfortable and tranquil environment which is preferred to nurse or pump the children while traveling. Every nursing room has various amenities such as Comfortable seating, Wheelchair accessible, Power outlets, Sink, Changing table, and available 24 hours for the mothers.
Lost & Found
Denver International Airport has the lost and found section which is situated in the Jeppesen terminal. If any passengers found an item in public areas at the airport then it should be taken to the airport lost and found section. Lost item claim has been done either from the desk online.
Passengers can use the free Wi-Fi at the Denver International Airport. To connect with Wi-Fi you must have to follow these simple steps
- Check your Wi-Fi options are enabled in your device.
- Find the connection name “- DEN Airport Free WiFi.”
- Choose the network and click “Connect”.
Denver International Airport Terminals
Denver International Airport has terminals which are known as Jeppesen Terminal. There are two parking spaces directly connected to the terminal. The airport has a main terminal which has 6 floors directly attached with the elevators and escalators.
Denver International Airport Transportations
Denver International Airport provides various ways to reach your destinations after arriving at the airport. Passengers can get the information on the ground transportations from the Ground Transport Information Centre which is open every day from 6.30 am to 11.30 pm. Travelers can get help from the representatives to plan their onward journey. Passengers can use the option of traveling by bus, get a taxi ride from outside the terminal, use RTD Skyride to book a car or ride. You can also rent a car from the most major car rental companies which are operating from the airport. These car rental companies included Alamo, Budget, and Dollar Car Rental.
Read More :
- New York Newark (EWR) Airport Guide
- American Airlines flight change policy
- Minneapolis-St Paul (MSP) Airport Guide
- Houston George Bush (IAH) Airport Guide
- Detroit Metro (DTW) Airport Guide
- Dallas-Fort Worth (DFW) Airport Guide
- Chicago O’Hare (ORD) Airport Guide
- Charlotte Douglas International (CLT) Airport Guide
- Boston Logan (BOS) Airport Guide
- New York Kennedy (JFK) Airport Guide