Chicago O’Hare Airport is known as O’Hare International Airport, O’Hare Airport, Chicago O’Hare, or simply O’Hare. This airport is located in O’Hare, Chicago, Illinois, the USA which covers some 7,627 acres and is an international airport in DuPage County. It’s operated by the Chicago Department of Aviation and opened in February 1944. This airport serves the Chicago metropolitan area and as of 2018, it has flights to 228 destinations in North America, South America, Europe, Africa, Asia, and Oceania. Chicago O’Hare Airport is the main hub for American Airlines, United Airlines, Atlas Air and it becomes the world’s 6th busiest airport which serves 83 million passengers in 2018. This airport is the focus city for Frontier Airlines and Spirit Airlines.
Chicago O’Hare Airport Amenities
Chicago O’Hare Airport offers various traveling services and amenities as it is one of the largest and busiest airports in the world.
- Passengers can enjoy various services such as a full-service bank, bureau de change centres, medical centre and post office. You can also use an inter-faith chapel which is open 24 hours every day.
- Passengers can also use the children’s play area for their kids and those who are disbled can find Braille buttons in all lifts. Passengers can get assistance at every terminal building from the airport representatives and passengers who are disbale can get ramps, lifts and elevators at each stop of the ATS train system.
- There is also a wireless internet facility provided by Chicago O’Hare Airport in several locations to their passengers. Passengers can use the Hilton Business Centre at the airport where you can access fax, photocopying and shipping services, teleopones, printing services and laptop connections.
- Passengers can find various restaurants over the airport which includes Cafe Zoot, the Budweiser Bar and the Corner Bakery, Billy Goat Tavern and Grill, the Artist and Writer restaurant and also enjoy various fast food outlets and coffee houses.
- You can enjoy various World Duty Free shops at all terminals and gift and clothing stores which includes Sunglass Hut, Altitunes, Chicago Historical Society Gift Shop and the Hudson Book Corner.
Passengers who want to relax and work before or after the flight can use airline lounges at O’Hare International Airport. Passengers who do not have to buy the club or lounge membership can also buy day passes for almost all clubs and lounges.
Lost and Found
O’Hare International Airport provides lost and found facilities through which you claim your lost baggage if you have forgotten at the airport. Airport representatives will help you to locate the missing item. You just have to inform the last location of your items.
There are Seaway Bank available at the airport that provides full banking services which include foreign currency exchange services. Seaway Bank is available at the Main Hall of Terminal 2 and Lower Level of Terminal 5. Passengers can enjoy the various services at Seaway Bank which includes Cashier Checks, Faxes, and copies, Payroll cashing (airport employees only), Commercial Deposits, Credit card advances for purchase of Foreign Currency Exchange, Checking Accounts.
Foreign Currency Exchange
Passengers can exchange their currencies at their arrival and departure destinations with Seaway Bank. You can exchange in more than 200 currencies which are bought and sold.
Passengers can do yoga to refresh themselves in the yoga room which is located on the Mezzanine Level of Terminal 3 near Urban Garden. This room opens daily from 6:00 am to 10:00 pm at the airport. The yoga room has a bamboo wood floor and mirrors on one wall from floor to ceiling with exercise mats which make it a perfect place for relaxation, meditation, and yoga practice. There is natural light entering from one window and plants lines outside the windows to create a calming environment for both yoga practice and relaxation. There is a TV monitor on the wall available which displays various yoga exercise techniques with audio plays soothing sounds. Also, a TV monitor outside the room is available which displays the flight details related to arrivals and departure in the domestic terminals. Passengers can also change clothes in the public restroom which are available nearby on the Mezzanine.
Keeping Our Yoga Room a Clean Oasis
To keep a relaxing atmosphere you must have to keep clean the yoga room by following the below-given guidelines:
- Remove shoes upon entering
- Dispose of food and drinks
- Silence phones and all electronic devices
- Keep the doorway clear
- Use the complimentary disinfecting wipes to clean mats once you are done.
At the Chicago O’Hare Airport, passengers can find the Mother’s Rooms in each terminal. You can enjoy the amenities like a clean and comfortable room and use a breast pump to feed your children or do care of your young children. Every Mother’s Room has various amenities which include electrical outlets, comfortable seating, soft lighting, a sink, a diaper changing surface, etc and it’s open 24 hours every day. Mother’s Room is located at every terminal of the Chicago O’Hare Airport.
Chicago O’Hare Airport Terminals
Chicago O’Hare Airport has 4 terminals which are Terminal 1, Terminal 2, Terminal 3, and Terminal 5.
Chicago O’Hare Airport Transportation
Passengers can use plenty of transportation options to arrive at the Chicago O’Hare International Airport. There is a Metra service available that operates between the airport and downtown Chicago. Passengers can also use Continental Airport Express busses which start from all terminals of the airport to the city center and also various northern destinations. There is also a shuttle service available that operates from the shuttle center located on the ground floor of the Terminal 5 car park. You can also use taxis available outside the arrivals and departure areas round the clock and it takes almost 40 minutes to downtown Chicago. You can also hire a car from the car hire center or companies that are operating from the lower levels of Terminal 1,2 and 3. These car hire companies include Avis, Budget, Dollar, Hertz, and National which are based at Chicago O’Hare.
READ MORE :
- New York Newark (EWR) Airport Guide
- American Airlines flight change policy
- Minneapolis-St Paul (MSP) Airport Guide
- Houston George Bush (IAH) Airport Guide
- Detroit Metro (DTW) Airport Guide
- Denver International (DEN) Airport Guide
- Dallas-Fort Worth (DFW) Airport Guide
- Charlotte Douglas International (CLT) Airport Guide
- Boston Logan (BOS) Airport Guide
- New York Kennedy (JFK) Airport Guide