Charlotte Douglas International Airport was founded in 1935 as Charlotte Municipal Airport and its name changed into its current name in 1982. It is a civil-military airport in Charlotte, North Carolina, and is the 2nd largest hub for American Airlines after Dallas/Fort Worth. Charlotte Douglas International spreads in 5,558 acres and it was the 11th busiest airport in the USA as per aircraft movements and passenger traffic in 2019. This airport is the 6th busiest airport worldwide as per aircraft movements. The owner of this airport is the City of Charlotte and it serves in the Charlotte metropolitan area. This airport is located in Josh Birmingham Parkway Charlotte, North Carolina, U.S.
Charlotte Douglas International Airport Amenities
Charlotte Douglas International Airport provides various amenities and services to their passengers to make your trip more comfortable and enjoyable.
- Passengers can enjoy various things in shops and restaurants which are available in only one terminal.
- You can enjoy various eateries before and after the flights in the central atrium which includes Brookwood Farms BBQ, Manchu Wok, Yovana and Pizza Hut.
- Passengers can remove their starvation in various available restaurants across the airport which includes California Pizza Kitchen, Pino Gelato, Yadkin Valley Wine Bar and Phillips Famous Seafood.
- This airport provides various selected gift and book shops, outfit shops which includes Nascar Shop, Time to Write, Erwin Pearl Forever Silver, Rocky Mountain Chocolate and Harley-Davidson.
- Passengers can also use the several duty free shops and airport staples which includes Body Shop and Bijoux Terner to shop the various items.
Lost & Found
Sometimes it happens that passengers lost their baggage or left at someplace at the airport then you can claim your luggage at the Lost & Found area so that airport authorities will assist to find your baggage.
To make your trip better, Charlotte Douglas International Airport provides wifi facility throughout the terminal. You just have to select the network which is “CLT Free WiFi” and connect to it. If you find any kind of issues with connecting to the network then open a new browser window and type the Charlotte Douglas International Airport website or refresh your current browser.
There are lots of charging options situated on all concourses and gate areas. Passengers can also use power outlets available at various seating options and the USB option is situated Gates A1-A29 and B1-B16. Charging options are also available throughout the Atrium and all concourses.
Passengers can use the currency exchange services at the airport provided by Travelex. Travelex also offers lots of business, travel, and mailing services. These services include fax/copy services, Western Union, cash traveler checks, travel insurance, and sell traveler checks. You can also buy calling cards and stamps.
Passengers can avail themselves of parking at Charlotte Douglas International Airport on a first come first serve basis. Parking space is also available even on the busiest days.
Parking services are available 24 hours at the Charlotte Douglas International Airport which are well let and patrolled regularly. There is also a parking space available for handicapped persons with accessible shuttle bus service continuously.
There are also parking signs on the roadways available to let you know the status of the parking facility. Passengers can book the parking space online for Charlotte Douglas International Airport. Just visit the Charlotte Douglas International Airport office website and choose the entry and exit dates.
At the Charlotte Douglas International Airport, there are 3 mother’s rooms available for nursing mothers. Each room environment is peaceful and was created to nurse or pump in a private setting. One room is situated at the atrium’s upper level from the airport chapel. You can access it via staircase or elevators. The second mother’s room is situated on concourse A and the newest room is situated near the corner of concourse D and E. Atrium and concourse A location room has private nursing stalls which are separated by a curtain. Every has equipped with power points and cushioned seating and all rooms have diaper-changing stations, sink areas, and charging points.
Pet Relief Areas
Charlotte Douglas International Airport offers pet relief areas that are situated in the terminal.
Shop, Dine & Relax
Passengers can enjoy dining and shopping facilities at the Charlotte Douglas International Airport. These shops include Brighton Collectibles, Charlotte News & Gifts, Charlotte Supply Co., Charlotte’s Landing, CNBC Express, CNBC News, Heritage Booksellers, iStore. It also provides various restaurants and bars which include Auntie Anne’s, Bojangles’, Brioche Dorée, Burger King, Chick-fil-A, Einstein Bros. Bagels, Hissho Sushi / First in Flight Bar. You can also relax and refresh yourself in the various lounges of the airport which includes the American Airlines Admirals Club etc.
- New York Newark (EWR) Airport Guide
- American Airlines flight change policy
- Minneapolis-St Paul (MSP) Airport Guide
- Houston George Bush (IAH) Airport Guide
- Detroit Metro (DTW) Airport Guide
- Denver International (DEN) Airport Guide
- Dallas-Fort Worth (DFW) Airport Guide
- Chicago O’Hare (ORD) Airport Guide
- Boston Logan (BOS) Airport Guide
- Frankfurt (FRA) Airport Guide
- Berlin Tegel (TXL) Airport Guide
- Cairo International (CAI) Airport Guide