Las Vegas, Nevada, USA is usually known as the entertainment hub of the USA famous for its casinos and nightlife. An interesting fact which people who are not into extreme sports and have not visited, would not be aware is that las Vegas also has two unique bungee jumping experiences to offer. This is a great way to experience bungee jumping especially for those who are trying in for the first time.
The best of these two which also holds a Guinness world record is offered by the STRAT hotel and is the World’s highest controlled descent that gives the feel of plunging into the city of dreams from the 108th floor. Circus Circus also offers indoor bungee jumping experience which can be tried in any weather condition. You are reading this blog because you are into extreme sports or are curious to try bungee jumping in Las Vegas, Nevada, USA. We will try to answer all the questions as we go.
Bungee jumping also spelled bungy jumping is an activity where the participant jumps off an elevated platform (bridge, cliff, building, or even a crane) after being harnessed and ensuring all safety requirements are met and have authorization.
Suggestion to read:
Las Vegas known as the resort city worldwide is famous for its casinos, shopping, entertainment, and nightlife. In addition to this, it also has two great bungee jumping launch pads which most bungee jumpers are excited about. This is especially a great option for those who want to experience bungee jumping in a controlled environment.
Best Places for Bungee Jumping In Las Vegas
Sky Jump Las Vegas
Is a part of the Stratosphere Las Vegas Hotel and Casino. Sky Jump is the only controlled descent bungee jumping in Las Vegas and is the highest in the world with the launchpad located on the 108th floor of the building.
It is operated by trained professionals. Before the jump, the participants are taken through a quick safety lesson and are provided with a jumpsuit and harness. Once they are geared up, they are strapped to a short elastic line which is connected to a guidewire which slows the jumper as they jump off the launch pad and descend 855 feet.
- Tickets cost $129.99 per jump; however, do check special rates offered to guests and locals. They also offer packages that would help take memories back home.
- Photo Package: $144.99 (take photos during the jump and includes jump cost).
- Wrist Video Package: $164.99 (take photos and video shot using a wrist cam, in a USB including jump cost)
- Hotel guests of The STRAT Hotel, Casino & SkyPod, and Nevada locals can experience SkyJump for a reduced price of $99.99. Hotel guests must show their room key at the SkyJump Store when booking their reservation, and locals must present a Nevada ID when checking in.
- Tickets are nonrefundable and jumpers get two tries if they choose to back down.
- Non-jumpers who accompany the jumper will have to pay to get inside the tower.
- Please carry a valid photo ID proof as jumpers 14 years old or older require to provide the same.
Note: Since it is located outdoors, they do not operate during extreme weather conditions and also when wind speed is over 44 mph to ensure safety is not compromised. Please buy your tickets at the premises before heading to the launch pad floor.
Monday to Thursday: 2 PM to 10 PM
Friday & Saturday: Noon to11 PM
New Year’s Eve: Noon to 11 PM
Sky Jump Liquid Courage Happy Hour
3:PM to 5 PM daily
Receive 20% off SkyJump and receive a FREE Liquid Courage shot at 108 Drinks. Must purchase at The STRAT Box Office. Limited space available. Free shots must be from the Liquid Courage Shots menu listings. A non-alcoholic drink substituted upon request and for SkyJumpers under 21.
The age requirement is 14 years or older. Riders under 18 years of age must have parental guidance with a valid ID in order to jump. If a parent or guardian is not present, a notarized letter must be presented granting permission. A parent or guardian of the child MUST sign a waiver stating that the child is in good health and that it’s OK for the child to jump. All SkyJumpers will need a valid ID upon check-in.
The minimum height requirement is 52 inches tall with no maximum, however, the SkyJumper must fit into the harness safely and securely.
The maximum weight capacity for a guest is 265 pounds. The SkyJump ride needs to incorporate the weight of the 10-pound harness and gear for a total weight capacity of 275 pounds. (125 kg)
To make a reservation for a jump, please call our Reservation Hotline at 800.99.TOWER (86937). Management reserves all rights.
You have a duty under Nevada Law to read and obey all warnings and other instructions that have been posted for your safety. To protect yourself and other SkyJumpers, you must comply with the following rules.
- You must be at least 14 years of age to SkyJump.
- Individuals under the age of 14 are not allowed to jump.
- All jumpers between the ages of 14-17 must be accompanied by a legal guardian who must sign an authorization waiver.
- SkyJumpers must be 52” in height or taller.
- Jumper must weigh under 265 pounds to incorporate the 10 pound harness weight of 275 (125kg)
- SkyJumpers must be in good physical and sound mental condition.
- Do not participate in SkyJump powered by MTN DEW Las Vegas if any of the following apply: history of back, neck, ankle or knee problems, recent injuries or surgeries, asthma, allergies, heart conditions, epilepsy, if you are intoxicated or pregnant, or have other conditions that could be aggravated by this activity.
- SkyJumpers must wear the provided Jump Suit and all required safety gear.
- SkyJumpers must follow directions provided by SkyJump Staff.
- Before jumping, remove and/or secure eyeglasses, earrings,hearing aids or other loose articles.
- Do not disable safety features or devices. These are provided for your protection.
- Do not throw or drop objects from SkyJump Las Vegas.
- No food, drink, gum chewing or smoking is permitted.
- No personal recording devices allowed. Only company approved recording devices allowed during jump.
Xtreme Zone Bungee Jumping
Offers indoor bungee jumping in las vegas which is one of a kind. since this is a part of Adventure Dome, an indoor amusement park of Circus Circus, there are a lot more rides and shows one can indulge in.
Tickets are priced based on the height of the individual and are as follows:
Regular pass: $39.95 (48 inches tall or more)
Junior pass: $19.95 (below 48 inches)
Nevada Discount: $2.00 off the ALL DAY Ride Pass Monday – Friday only with a valid Nevada ID.
Military: For military discounts, please contact Nellis AFB IT&T office at 702.652.2193.
Friday & Saturday : 10 AM to 12 AM
Sunday: 10 AM to 9 PM
Other days: 11 AM to 6 PM or 10 AM to 9 PM
Please check day-wise operations hours here.
Terms and conditions
- All riders 33” and over must have a ride ticket.
- Transactions are non-refundable.
- Discounts cannot be combined.
- Must present coupon at time of purchase and the entire party must be present. Coupons are not valid during holiday periods.
- Rides and Attractions are subject to closure without notice.
- Prices and Operating Hours are subject to change without notice.
- All persons entering the facility are subject to an inspection of their personal belongings.
- Metal detectors are currently in use.
- Management reserves all rights.
Las Vegas offers bungee jumping which is safe and different from traditional bungee jumping. The most famous ones are at Start and Adventuredome. Both places offer more to indulge in and are located at the strip.
FAQ (Frequently Asked Queries)
What are the weight requirements for Bungee Jumping?
Jumper must weigh less than 265 pounds
Can you bring my own recording device?
No personal recording devices are allowed. Only company approved devices will be permitted.
What weather conditions will shut down the ride?
Ride will close due to inclement weather. SkyJump cannot operate during winds over 44 miles per hour, or other extreme conditions like heavy rain and lightning. Fortunately, this is Las Vegas and days are usually clear and sunny.
Where’s the best place for my friends/family to watch me from SkyJump?
There is a very nice viewing area adjacent to the SkyJump landing pad, located right outside the SkyJump store. Viewers can watch SkyJumpers descending from the comfort of reclining chaise lounges directly below the platform.
Is there a secure place to put my personal items while you jump for SkyJump?
Yes, SkyJumpers will have access to their own personal locker, with a key.
What exactly is SkyJump?
It’s the only sky jump in North America and the highest in the world. SkyJump is a controlled descent, similar to a vertical zip line. The launching pad is located on the 108th floor of The STRAT Hotel, Casino & SkyPod in Las Vegas, 855 feet above the Las Vegas Strip. Jumpers are harnessed in and attached to a cable that is connected to a descender machine. Guide wires keep the SkyJumper on course and on target. Just before reaching the rapidly approaching ground, the SkyJumper is slowed down for a controlled and safe landing.
How safe is SkyJump?
SkyJump has operated since April 2010 with over 200,000 jumps. It is inspected daily by our ride engineers and is certified annually.
How many riders are allowed for SkyJump?
SkyJump Las Vegas is a solo affair. It’s limited to one SkyJumper at a time.
What do my friends do while I’m getting ready to jump from SkyJump ?
Your friends will be plenty entertained as they peruse the SkyJump store and other stores in the Retail shops at The STRAT. They can also pass the time enjoying the multiple attractions in the The STRAT Hotel, Casino & SkyPod.
What if you want to do it again bungee jump with SkyJump?
You can, for $59.99, if you stay suited up and jump the same day or purchase the re-jump while purchasing the first jump. Or you can invest in a SkyJump package including a video of the jump, so you can relive the experience again and again.
What else is there to do in the SkyPod other than SkyJump?
The STRAT Hotel, Casino & SkyPod is the tallest observation tower in the U.S. and one of the most exciting attractions among Vegas Strip hotels with thrills you can’t find anywhere else, including international shops and one-of-a-kind rides, like Big Shot, X-Scream and Insanity the Ride. There are plenty of places to grab a drink, including 108 Eats on Level 108 and 107 SkyLounge on Level 107. There’s an award-winning restaurant, Top Of The World, and an international marketplace, the Retail Shops at The STRAT. The Observation Deck has been voted year after year as “The Best Place To View Las Vegas” by the Las Vegas Review-Journal.
What if you chicken out after I’ve already paid?
You will not be reimbursed. You will receive a “Chicken Out” voucher for what was originally purchased and may be transferable to another person.
Why do you need to know how much you weigh?
To ensure each individual jumper descends at the proper speed.
Do you need to wear special clothes?
No. You will be suited up in SkyJump’s custom “jumpsuit.” We’ll provide you with a pair of Sky Shoes for jumping.
What can you do if you bring a banned item at the time of Bungee Jumping?
Banned items should be returned to your hotel room or vehicle. We are unable to hold or store your items.
Are pets allowed at the adventuredome?
Because of safety issues, no pets are allowed at The Adventuredome, only service animals are allowed inside the park. For the health of your pet, do not leave them in the car while you’re in the park.
What if my child is lost?
During your visit, if your child becomes separated, instruct them to talk to any uniformed employee if they get lost, and we will help reunite them. We are unable to page over our park’s Public-Address system.