Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport is known as Bangkok Airport which is the hub for Bangkok Airways, Jet Asia Airways, Thai Airways, Thai Smile, Thai Vietjet Air. This airport is one of the two international airports which serves Bangkok, Thailand and the other one is Don Mueang International Airport. Don Mueang International Airport is the main international airport. Now, it becomes one of the biggest international airports in Southeast Asia.
Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport Amenities and Services
- Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport has a wide range of facilities and amenities.
- There are more than 50 eateries which have various sit-down restaurants.
- On the wetern concourses, there are European-style restaurants and the eastern area is occupied by the oriental eateries which are used by Japan Airways and Thai Airways.
- There are various popular places which include Mango Tree and serves lots of Thai dishes like fried prawns.
- You can also eat quick food from several international fast food outlets like Burger King and The Pizza Company.
- There are also wine bars, a handful of coffee shops and deli counters available to serve you various drinks.
- Passengers can do the shopping of selected perfumes, outfits, cosmetics and other duty-free items.
- There are lots of branded boutiques available at the airport which includes Burberry, Dior, Cartier, Chanel, Chopard, Gucci, Mont Blanc and Hugo Boss.
- Passengers can also surf on the internet and conferencing facilities at the nearby Novotel Suvarnabhumi Airport Hotel.
Left Luggage Service
Suvarnabhumi Airport has 2 left luggage counters through which you can claim and find your lost baggage. First counter is located at level 2 which is at arrival and near the tourist police office. And the other counter is located at the level 4 which is at departures and behind check in counter row P.
Bangkok Airport Duty Free Shopping
Suvarnabhumi Airport provides shopping which is duty free for various products like perfume, cosmetics, lighters, accessories, liquor, tobacco, fashion, watches, pens, aromatherapy, toys, electronics, costume jewelry and skin care products.
Suvarnabhumi Airport Dining
There are almost 50 dining venues located at the airport terminal which is spread 25,000-square-metre. More than 30 venues provide comfortable seating facilities and only 6 venues are proper dining restaurants. Dining and restaurants are cleverly selected as per the preferences of the clientele and cities they are flying to make it a well planned business. All restaurants and venues are opened 24*7.
With long quests and scarce seating, the fast food joints at the airport might not provide quicker and more convenient service than the proper restaurants. Passengers who are departing from the flights can have the pleasure of gastronomy from Kinramen which is situated at the far left side of concourse D. This restaurant offers their highlighted items Japanese noodle dishes like ramen, udon and soba and also provides various other dishes such as rice with various toppings, several sushi selections and a menu for children and desserts. This restaurant also features some smoothies which are ginger, raspberry or kiwi smoothie which can be eaten in room for refreshments. Passengers can also enjoy some Asian buffet which includes Thai som tum, Chinese dim sum and Vietnamese spring rolls to Japanese lunch boxes and Korean BBQ.
Fast Food outlets
Passengers can grab a quick meal from various fast food outlets at the airport. These fast food outlets brands are Burger King, Dairy Queen and Siamese pizza chain, The Pizza Company and also several other venues in which you can enjoy your meals before your flight. There are also some other places you can enjoy a stomach-filler rather than a palate-pleaser. These places include Chow and Haru which serves quick Chinese dishes, Plane which is a sandwich corner and Billion Zone which serves pork balls noodles.
Wine bars and lounges
There are lots of stylish bars located along concourse D which includes Reef Bar, Glass Bar, Light Bar and Seafood Bar. These bars are the place where business travelers can have some selected wines and champagne while having oysters and other seafood. You can have breakfast in the morning time but from 11am onward.
How to Reach Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport
Passengers can use Air-conditioned Airport Express buses which offer regular services from the airport to Bangkok and stop at various main hotels. The bus service is available from 5 am to midnight and bus leaves from the airport’s arrivals hall daily. You can also use taxi and private limousines which carry you with set fares. There are lots of hire car companies that have the counter at the airport through which you can hire a car which includes Thai Rent-A-Car, Avis, Budget, Hertz, and Europcar. There is also an Airport Rail Link which starts service from 06:00 to 24:00 and has two interchange stations to reach the airport. Passengers can reach the airport by using these ground transportation services.