Atlanta Hartsfield Airport is also considered as Atlanta airport and it is the primary airport which serves in Atlanta, Georgia. It is the hub for Delta Air Lines and is situated seven miles south of the Downtown Atlanta district. This airport is the Focus city for Frontier Airlines, Southwest Airlines. Atlanta Hartsfield Airport spread over 4,700 acres has 192 gates in which 152 domestic gates and 40 international gates with 5 parallel runways for landing takeoff flights. Atlanta Hartsfield Airport is also the Technical Operations Center for delta airlines. This airport serves internationally from North America and to South America, Asia, Africa, Central America, and Europe, and from 1988, it is the busiest airport all over the world as per passenger traffic. It is the major hub for the country’s southeastern area while traveling.
Atlanta Hartsfield Airport Amenities and Services
- As the best facility and amenity provider, Atlanta Hartsfield Airport is one of the busiest airports over the world.
- At the Atlanta Hartsfield Airport, various brands of shops are situated over the concourse section and in both terminals. These shops brand include Sunglass Hut, Bijoux Terner, Host Duty Free and Lather and also has the shops of various magazines and book stores over the airport.
- People who love to eat can enjoy lots of restaurants and bars to cater to all the tastes inside the airport. THere are various branded eateries which include Qdoba Mexican Grill, Bistro Del Sol and the Mandarin Express are available at the Atlanta Hartsfield Airport.
- Passengers can also find other services like post offices, banking kiosks and currency exchange desks to make your travel comfortable.
- There is also a lost and found area where you claim and find your lost things and visitor information desk and executive conference centre.
- At the airport there is also a wifi facility available to access the internet. You can use wifi service by paying some amount. This airport is recently named as top American airport for internet connectivity by Forbes magazine.
Atlanta Hartsfield Airport has a parking facility. Those who are traveling in the economy or with physical disabilities will get a shuttle service starting from 6 a.m. to midnight every day. Airport also offers vans to provide help to the customers if you need to jump-start your car. You can also put air in your car tires. There is also an emergency information box support available which is situated throughout the parking space to provide emergency support 24*7. Also lighted parking information directories in the pedestrian walkways at the airport for the convenience of the passengers.
Gold Reserve Parking
Passengers do not have to wait in a queue to purchase a ticket or parking space. You must have to join the membership for parking at least 12 days per year. A parking area is reserved for you in this separate parking space. Gold reserve parking is situated on the ground level next to Terminal North and Terminal South of the parking deck. Passengers can use various payment methods such as Visa, Amex, MasterCard, and Discover credit cards to pay the parking fees and the fees of parking is $3 per hour to a maximum of $34 per 24-hour period. This space is basically made for overnight parkers. You can be a Gold Reserve member by visiting the Atlanta Hartsfield Airport official site.
Economy Lots Courtesy Shuttle Cart Service
Passengers who prefer shuttle vs. walking can enjoy the Economy Lots Courtesy Shuttle Cart Service which is designed for that type of customer. This service carries passengers from the North and South Economy parking till 8 a.m. to midnight every day. Economy Lots Courtesy Shuttle Cart Service also allowed for the passengers who are physically challenged.
Security/Courtesy Officers in Parking Areas
Security/Courtesy Officerlookoutut for the parking facilities and amenities and provide the passengerw3 with their parking needs. These officers also provide help regarding courtesy at the entrance of various parking lots from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. every day.
Courtesy Assistance Services
Courtesy Assistance Services offers support like free jump-starts, air, flat tire repair, and finding the vehicle at the parking space as a courtesy. Parking courtesy assistance is located all over the airport.
Emergency Information Telephone Call Boxes
Emergency Information Telephone Call Boxes are situated all over the airport parking amenities to connect with the travelers directly to the parking management office and airport police. You can get assistance 24 hours a day and there are also public telephones located near the terminals at the stairwells.
Parking Airport Website
There is also a Parking Airport Website that has all the information regarding parking at the airport but not includes various lots, rates, and real-time parking availability updates.
Atlanta Hartsfield Airport Terminals
Atlanta Hartsfield Airport has two terminals one is the Domestic Terminal and the other is Maynard H. Jackson Jr. International Terminal through which passengers can check-in and claim their luggage. The domestic terminal is located at the western side of the airport which divides into two sides Terminal South and Terminal North to book your ticket, check-in, and claim your baggage. The whole South terminal is rented to Delta airlines and all other domestic airlines are operations from Terminal North. Whereas International flights depart and arrive at the international terminal.
How to Reach Atlanta Hartsfield Airport
Passengers can reach the Atlanta Hartsfield Airport by using ground transportation such as bus, taxi, car, train, etc. You can use the training facility operated by MARTA to reach the airport as a transport which takes around 15 minutes and operates regularly. There are also bus services available to reach the Atlanta Hartsfield Airport from your nearest bus stand. Passengers can also borrow a car or taxi to reach the Atlanta Hartsfield Airport for their flights. You can take a taxi or car from the taxi stand nearest to the airport. Passengers can take these ground transportation to get the flights at a time and do the check-in and baggage claim.
- New York Newark (EWR) Airport Guide
- American Airlines flight change policy
- Minneapolis-St Paul (MSP) Airport Guide
- Houston George Bush (IAH) Airport Guide
- Detroit Metro (DTW) Airport Guide
- Denver International (DEN) Airport Guide
- Dallas-Fort Worth (DFW) Airport Guide
- Chicago O’Hare (ORD) Airport Guide
- Charlotte Douglas International (CLT) Airport Guide
- Boston Logan (BOS) Airport Guide
- Frankfurt (FRA) Airport Guide
- Berlin Tegel (TXL) Airport Guide