Athens International Airport is also called AIA which is the largest international airport in Greece. This airport serves the city of Athens and the region of Attica. AIA is the hub for Aegean Airlines, Ellinair, Olympic Air, Ryanair, Sky Express and it started its operations on 28 March 2001. This airport is the Focus city for Ellinair, Volotea, and is located near the old Ellinikon International Airport. AIA provides a wide range of services and amenities that’s why it is the 26th-busiest airport in Europe.
Athens International (ATH) Airport Amenities and Services
AIA offers lounge facilities which are the best place for holidays and business which provides you peace of mind and a relaxing environment when you are waiting at the airport. Athens airport lounges are available for the passengers at the lowest cost, it doesn’t matter whichever airlines you will fly. Passengers who have chosen connected flights, cancel their flight, or have early morning check-in then can use the lounge facility. Lounges have the facility of free snacks, Food, selected alcoholic drinks, liquors, Wifi, Showers, Spa, etc.
There are 4 different parking options available at AIA for all passengers.
Short Term Parking – P1 And P2
P1 and P2 are located at the arrivals level which is 2 minutes far from the terminal building. Passengers who want to park their cars for a few hours or days can use both P1 and P2 parking. You can book the parking space online also and you can charge your electric cars and vehicles for 20 minutes free.
Long Term Parking – P3
Passengers who want to park their vehicles for a long trip or holidays can use the P3 parking and this space is just 5 minutes far from the terminal building. There is also a shuttle bus available to carry you from P3 to the terminal. P3 Parking is always open 24 hours and can be booked online.
Executive Valet Parking
Executive valet parking is available for those passengers who want to park fast and easily and enjoy the premium services which will be provided. This parking space is at the departure level and car wash services are also available at this space.
- At AIA, there are lots of things offered which a shopaholic can choose to purchase such as chocolates, perfume, tobacco and Greek food.
- People who are fashion lovers can purchase various branded clothes and outfits. These brands include Accessorize, Burberry, Armani Jeans, Lacoste, Diesel, Nike, Swatch and Tie Rack.
- Passengers who want to buy accessories and other electronic items can take a look at Germanos which has IT and multimedia products whereas Metropolis has DVD and music collection.
- Passengers who love to read can look at the Newsstand Eleftheroudakis which has media publications from across the world and also look at the Korres Natural who love to buy cosmetics and toiletries.
- There is also a Cartoon store which has showcasing toys and clothing and gifts of famous cartoons, available for the families who are going for holiday with their kids.
- Flowers club provides flowers, greeting cards, bouquets and various other gifts also.
- Those who love gadgets can look at Triton which keeps various types of MP3 players, travel games and personal accessories.
- People who love to eat can enjoy the McDonald’s and Illy Cafe to have their meal or snacks.
- Caffeine lovers can boost their energy in A Cafe, Cafe Express or Kafenio.
- Other services like post offices, pharmacies, banks and travel agencies are also available at the airport.
Athens International (ATH) Airport Terminals
AIA has two terminals which are the main terminal and satellite terminal which can be accessed with an underground link from the main terminal. These terminals are designed to upgrade the modular approach to increase accommodation in air travel.
How to Reach Athens International (ATH) Airport
Passengers can reach the airport by using various transportation methods such as railway and metro, road, taxi, and bus. Passengers just have to pick any of the transportation ways to reach the Athens international airport.
Railway and Metro
People can use the railway station which is just next to the airport terminal and can be accessible by a walkway. There is a metro service also available to reach the airport terminal which is Athens metro line 3. This line runs trains from and to this station.
Passengers can use the taxi service which can be rented or borrowed to reach the airport. You can pick up the taxi from the designated taxi waiting area which is situated at exit 3 of the arrival of the airport. There is also a limousine service available if you request it from the inner curbside of the arrivals location which is between exits 3 and 4.
People can take the bus from the four bus lines which are directly connected to the Athens greater area. Buses depart from this space and arrive at this level between exit 4 and exit 5.
- New York Newark (EWR) Airport Guide
- American Airlines flight change policy
- Minneapolis-St Paul (MSP) Airport Guide
- Houston George Bush (IAH) Airport Guide
- Detroit Metro (DTW) Airport Guide
- Denver International (DEN) Airport Guide
- Dallas-Fort Worth (DFW) Airport Guide
- Chicago O’Hare (ORD) Airport Guide
- Charlotte Douglas International (CLT) Airport Guide
- Boston Logan (BOS) Airport Guide
- Frankfurt (FRA) Airport Guide
- Berlin Tegel (TXL) Airport Guide
- Cairo International (CAI) Airport Guide