In the present time, american airlines always want to offer various types of services for passengers. And the best thing about American airlines is the services are increasing day-by-day with American airlines. American airlines always try to ensure that passengers can enjoy each and every moment in their journey. American airlines passengers never face any kind of problem during the american airlines booking, various kinds of policies, cancel american airlines flights and many more things.
Suggest to Read:Types Of American Airlines Class: Ultimate Guide
American Airlines offers four types of credit cards under the AAdvantage banner in collaboration with Citi. All of them primarily focus on earning bonus miles in addition to other benefits for customers who frequently fly American Airlines which flies to over 1000 destinations world wide.
American Airlines Credit Card Benefits
- Fly Now Payment Plan assists with flying now and paying later within 6 months with zero interest on transaction over 150 USD
- Approval process is online and instant.
- Monthly payment are low to make it affordable
- Zero Annual fees (card specific)
- Add additional authorized user cards for free
- Manage the account online
- Card can be used in all 50 states in the US, Puerto Rico and U.S Virgin Islands
Offers based on type of card
AAdvantage MileUp℠ card
This card is for everyday purchases and has no annual fee. 10000 bonus miles and a 50 USD statement credit is received once the card used for purchasing a qualifying product for a total value of $500 within three months of opening the account. Users get two times miles when the card is used at grocery stores.
- Spend a dollar at the grocery store or on American Airlines purchases and earn 2 miles
- Any other purchase still earns a mile every dollar
- Get 25% off while using the card for inflight food and beverage purchases on American Airlines
- No restrictions on number of miles that can be earned
- Add authorized users and earn every time they use the card
Note: Statement Credit and American Airlines AAdvantage bonus miles will not be applicable if you have already received the same for an AAdvantageMileUp account in the last 48 months.
Citi® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® card
This card is the for all your travel needs. Spend $2500 during the first three months of opening account on qualified products and earn 50000 bonus miles. The annual fee of 99 USD is waived off for the first 12 months.
- Get 2X miles when it is used at restaurants and gas stations.
- Check in first bag for free for up to four companions excluding you on domestic American Airlines
- Experience preferred boarding on American Airlines flights
- Save 25% on all American Airlines inflight food and beverage purchases by using the card
- Fly frequently and earn $125 discount on American Airlines after you have spent 20000 USD or more during the card membership year and renew your card
- Foreign transaction fees are not applicable on purchases
- Add authorized users for free
Citi® / AAdvantage® Executive card
Enjoy spending time at the lounges, this card would be perfect for your. Earn 50000 miles once you have spent $5000 within the first three months of opening the account. In addition to this you get to enjoy the Admiral Club Membership worth $650. The annual fee is $450.
- In addition to gaining access to Admiral Club Lounges, get access to other airlines lounges and clubs with which American Airlines has tie ups with.
- Global Entry or TSA Pre✓® application fee refund of up to $100 every five years
- Check in your first bag in addition to 8 other traveling companions when traveling on American Airlines Domestic flights for free
- Enjoy priority boarding on American Airlines flights
- Experience priority check-in and priority airport screening at select airports of up to 8 companions in addition to you
- Earn 1000 Elite qualifying miles after spending $ 40000 within the year
- Spend $ 1 and earn 2 miles on eligible American Airlines purchases
- Spend $ 1 and get a mile on any other purchase
- Dedicate concierge access for assistance with foreign and domestic travel, shopping, dining, household and entertainment needs.
- Foreign Transaction fees are not applicable
- Add authorized users to your card and earn american airlines miles on their usage
CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® Mastercard®
This card is for business owners. After spending $4000 within the first four months, 65000 American Airlines AAdvantage miles is credited. 99 USD annual fee is waived off for the first 12 months.
- Spend on Cable and Satellite providers, select telecommunication merchants, American Airlines purchase, car rental an get 2X miles or every dollar spent.
- Spend on any other purchase and get one mile per dollar.
- First checked bag for you and up to four companions on domestic flight is free
- Preferred boarding on American Airline flights
- 25% off on American Airlines inflight Wi-Fi and food and beverage
- Earn an American Airlines companion certificate for domestic travel after $30000 in purchases during each card membership year.
- Foreign transaction fees are not applicable
- Earn more miles with purchases made by employees on authorized user cards and keep track of expenses
- Round the clock assistance for travel, hotel and dining arrangements
- Summary of statement can be viewed months for last three months
- Get special offers on Microsoft, Salesforce, intuit and more.
American Airlines offers four different types of Credit Cards in collaboration with Citi. Based on the customer’s spending requirement they can choose one of them and reap multiple benefits. Most of the cards does not have any annual fee from the first year. With and America Airlines Credit Card offers also include priority check in and boarding which helps save time.
What is the best American Airlines credit card?
American Airlines offers 4 types of credit cards and depending your your spending and traveling pattern you could choose which ever is most beneficial.
Is an American Airlines credit card worth it?
If you are a frequent flyer then the American Airlines credit card rewards are worth it. Check the benefits of each one and choose the one which suits you best based on your spending pattern and requirements
What are the benefits of an American Airlines credit card?
American Airlines credit card benefit vary from one card to an another each card offers many benefits. To know more visit American Airlines credit card benefit.
What credit score do you need for American Airlines card?
A credit score of 760 is usually required to get the AAdvantage platinum Select World Elite Master card.
Is the AAdvantage credit card worth it?
Each type comes with various benefits. Choosing the one most suitable for your requirements would determine whether it is worth it for your need. American Airlines flies to over 350 destinations, if you are frequent flyer on American Airlines, you could definitely benefit from one.
How do I upgrade my American Airlines credit card?
You can reach out to Citi’s customer care representatives at 1800 374 9700